- Is Twitter something that you will continue to use? Why or why not?
- How might you use Twitter personally or professionally in your chosen career? Please give at least two examples for each.
- Lastly, how might a a business use Twitter? Please give three examples.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Twitter is a social networking and microblogging website that offers its users an opportunity to send short, 140-character or less messages - aka tweets - to their followers. After your introduction and use of Twitter, please post your comments to the questions below:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1) Twitter is something I will continue to use. It is fun and can keep you in touch with peoples lives.
ReplyDelete2)Twitter can be used personally to see if people need something done. It also allows people to tell you if they enjoyed doing something so you can try it.
I could use this in my chosen career to advertise for my websites. I could also tag the websites I made so that people could see examples of my work.
3)A business could use twitter to advertise. It would allow people to see the company. Also it would be able to send out coupons or discounts to its followers. Finally, it could follow the other companies and see what they need to do to keep up with the other companies.
1. Yes because it is fun to use and stay connected with people.
ReplyDelete2.I might use twitter personally to stay in touch with coworkers or let people know what the schedule is for the upcoming week. I might use it professionally to advertise for the company or to look up potential employees and see what they do and what things they talk about.
3. A business could use twitter to advertise, look up potential employees to see what kind of person they are, or the business could use it to send out information to all the employees regarding events and other things that are going on.
1. Yes, because I already use Twitter and it's the website/social network that I visit most often. I actually love having followers and following people that I do not know, rather than people I know in real life. I find it more interesting that way and I meet new people and learn new things all the time.
ReplyDelete2. My chosen career was psychiatry, so I could imagine using it to connect to other psychiatrists or psychologists to get new ideas on treatment or therapy. It would be a great way to be current on the medical field.
Professionally, I see the government (such as Barak Obama) using it. He tweets when important information will be announced, conferences, etc. Also, I could see athletes using it to post game scores, or places they will play next.
3. A business could use Twitter to post meetings, to advertise (they often use it for this purpose), or to search the background or life of potential employees.
1. twitter is something i will continue to use because it is easy to do and kepps me connected with everybody.
ReplyDelete2. I could use twitter to communicate with people i work with, or use it as advertising.
3. You could use twitter for a business to display announcements and events that the business will be having.
1) Twitter can be cool at times, but sometimes boring.
ReplyDelete2) Twitter is a personal program to keep in touch with people. It could definately help keep in touch with co workers.
3) Have buisness meeting over twitter, post pictures and voice recordings on twitter.
1) Twitter is something I will continue to use. It is fun and can keep you in touch with other peoples lives.
ReplyDelete2)Twitter can be used personally to see things about people. It also allows people to tell you if they enjoyed doing something so you can try it.I could also get ahold of workers on it and tell them things.
3)A business could use twitter to advertise. It would allow people to see the company. Also it would be able to send out coupons or discounts to its followers. Another thing is, it could follow the other companies and see what they need to do to keep up with the other companies. Also to get ahold of employees to share things.